The Archbishops of the Church of England wrote in their letter to the Church on 17 March, 2020:
“We urge you sisters and brothers to become a different sort of Church in these coming months: hopeful and rooted in the offering of prayer and praise and overflowing in service to the world.”
In this parish we will ensure that prayer and worship continues, even though we have had to suspend our services and activities. This page changes daily so check back frequently.
Fifth Sunday of Lent – 29 March 2020
The video for the service is here.
The order of service is here.
- Further to the latest announcement by HM Government All Saints Parish Church, Frindsbury and St Philip & St James, Upnor are closed for all purposes.
- A booklet of prayers for use during the pandemic. Click here.
- Orders of Service for Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer are available here. We can pray together, even though we are apart. They are being posted / delivered to to those not on email.
- A revised version of the March Parish Prayer diary will be made available here.
Home group materials are being distributed to existing members. David has made them available for download here.
The course is based on Dr Ruth Vallerio’s book, ‘Saying Yes to Life’. It is available from Amazon electronically and in printed form here. Other online retailers of the paper copy include SPCK and Church House Publishing.
Because of the ‘ramping up’ of requirements for physical distancing we had to cancel the parish walk. Over the last year we’ve enjoyed some great walks, and it will be important in the weeks ahead to keep healthy. This has a number of aspects to it:
Obviously, much of this page is about providing spiritual resources. Elsewhere, are important steps you can take to keep mentally healthy. Independent (absolutely not group) walks for personal exercise are available here:
- The Archbishops’ of York and Canterbury call for a National Day of Prayer and Action.
- A link to Bishop James’ reflection ‘My refuge and my fortress’.
- A link to a reflection The Coronavirus Golden Rules by the Bishop of St Albans.
- Signposting to helpful spiritual resources.
- A telephone ‘buddy’ system – this is tricky because of General Data Protection Regulations so bear with us as we work out how to do it.
We’re working on…
- Thought for the day / week.
- Video conferencing so that the Staff Team and Standing Committee can have a proper dialogue.